One day it was really hot at my house and I really wanted something cold to eat like ice cream but we had none and then the idea popped up in my head to make my own so i searched over the internet and found a gluten free and vegan sorbet recipe. It was absolutely delicious and definitely helped with the heat situation.
2 medium bananas sliced and frozen
1 cup of coconut milk
2 cups of frozen strawberries
3 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of ice
- Add the bananas and coconut milk into a blender and blend till smooth, Scrape down sides if needed.
- Add strawberries and maple syrup to mixture and once again scraping down sides.
- Add 1 cup of ice to the mixture and blend until it is completely mixed in.
- Pour mixture into freezer friendly container and place in freezer until it is a smooth sorbet like mixture (about 3-5 hours)
- Serve immediately. If you are keeping it in the freezer overnight that is fine just leave it out to thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.