Getting in the spirit for Anzac day i have been making my family Anzac cookies all the time because they love them theres never any left! These Anzac cookies were a recipe that i found online but i have changed the ingredients slightly due to my allergies and they worked out perfectly! These are a very healthy recipe of cookies compared to the normal ones they have very minimal amount of sugar and its even healthier because it is coconut sugar.
1 cup of gluten free plain flour
2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
1 cup of desiccated coconut
3/4 a cup of coconut sugar
Half a cup of coconut oil
1/2 of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees and prepare two trays with baking powder.
- In a large bowl add the flour, rolled oats, coconut and coconut sugar and mix together.
- Then add the coconut oil (melted), maple syrup, water and bicarbonate soda and mix quickly.
- Roll the mixture into small circles just a little smaller then a golf ball and place on baking tray and flatten.
- Make sure the cookies are not to close together (about 4cm apart) because these cookies will expand.
- Bake for 15 minutes until your cookies are a gold colour.
- Let the cookies cool down on the bench for about 5 minutes and enjoy your delicious Anzac cookies!